Friday, March 2, 2012

Flubber, goo and finger paint

I've recently talked to Nancy from CHASA about sensory activities and got so hyped while brainstorming that I looked up what other activities I could find. That again got me so inspired that I've decided to do LOTS of those ideas with Nia and her friends during the winter months, since snow season doesn't end til the end of April here in ND!!! Of course the messier the better! Tomorrow we'll make either edible flubber or edible finger paint, I haven't decided yet but it will be fun, that much I know! I was going to set up the play/classroom soon so I'm already going overboard with all the things I want to get and do!! That's why I've always loved working as a teacher, you get to do fun stuff while teaching the kids something! And what better excuse to play in dirt and be silly than to teach the kids. Anyway. The best part is, since the edible flubber and finger paint is safe for babies as well, Isaiah can play with it too! Oh, I can already imagine how much fun he is going to have! And at the same time it'll stimulate the use of his hands and fingers. So therapy and play in one! It doesn't get more perfect than this! Of course I will take tons of pictures! Love, Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment