Saturday, March 10, 2012

And yet another testimony of God's greatness!

Isaiah has amazed me once again! I had a few errands to run Thursday and so I left the kids with Joseph when I had to drive into town for my last errand of the day. That of course meant that Isaiah would get a bottle instead of being breast fed if he was to get hungry. And of course he did get hungry! Thankfully I walked in just in time to witness him HOLDING HIS BOTTLE BY HIMSELF!!! And yes, I am screaming, cause of excitement of course! I am sooooo proud of him!
Obviously this is a milestone for any baby but it is a HUGE milestone for him! Having Hemiplegia or Hemiparesis makes simple tasks so much more difficult for those tiny stroke survivors and so it is that much more amazing that he held his bottle. Especially since he barely gets a bottle and so he doesn't get a lot of practice. I am convinced that he will be able to use his right hand equally well as his left one day! We just need to continue working with him every day. My kids are both truly amazing! Isaiah doesn't fuss when we work with him daily and Nia is so patient and understanding (especially for a 2 year old!). She's very protective of him too, she doesn't leave his side when doctors or nurses handle Isaiah, watching them very carefully! It is so beautiful to watch them giggle and cuddle. And I just love it when Nia asks for Isaiah, when she exclaims "Isaiah!!" when he wakes up and when she tell him "I love you" and gives him a more or less gentle kiss and hug. I hope their relationship will continue to be this strong! Alright, enough for now! I have to go. I'm quite excited to celebrate Lexis' 21st birthday tonight, one of many friends who have been so supportive during all this and whom I'm so very thankful for! May you all have a blessed weekend! Love, Mimi

1 comment: