Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sew happy! And then it turned into An Ode to my Friends!

I'm so excited!!! We just got our very first donation on Isaiah's firstgiving page! Thanks to my amazing friend Cristina! I recently made some things for her precious daughter's play kitchen, that Cristina is making for her.

Have I mentioned she's pregnant with a baby boy? I thought only I was this crazy driven. She offered to pay me but instead I asked her to make a donation and she said sure! I'm so very thankful for it. That's what I love about my friends, they support the things that mean a lot to me. Because I mean a lot to them. So again Cristina, thank you!

 It's been a creative weekend so far! I've got the Epilepsy/Infantile Spasm Awareness bows done for Jax's sisters so they can sport them along with the T-shirts their aunt made on Monday.

Monday is Epilepsy Awareness day and cute little Jaxson, who's only a little older than Isaiah was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms, a form of Epilepsy. And let me just tell you how incredible their mommy is! Jaxson had a rough start and was in the NICU for a bit, something we can so relate to since both, Nia and Isaiah are NICU graduates. Things seemed perfect for a while, Jaxson was home, making the family complete. Just when they were done worrying they got the diagnosis, Infantile Spasms. I've never heard of it til that point. It's very rare and therefore it's not easy to find the answers you need. Their mom has been so strong through it all though! It's amazing what things faith will help you through. And it's amazing how God works! Kessiah and I first "met" when I asked for food donations for the flood victims and their helpers. She was one of the first people to respond. Who would've known that both of our kids would go through traumatic situations! You can read all about them here:

http://confessionsofamommyof3.blogspot.com/

Not once has she lost hope or doubted that God has a very special plan for Jax. I find that amazing, especially when you see your little one go through those seizures! We never had to since Isaiah had his in the NICU before we were allowed to see him - fortunately, so I cannot imagine how she feels each time Jaxson has one. It takes one strong person to be able to do this!

 I also made 3 T-shirt dresses for Nia, yes 3! They're so easy to make and look so cute! And I love how different the outcome is each time, I used the same T-shirt each time, just in different colors but each end result is so unique!

 When I took the picture of Nia in the red dress I  was reminded of a movie I watched when I was a little kid: Momo. Nia kinda looks like her, lol. So guess what, we watched Momo today!

 Back to my super awesome friends! Quite a few of my friends have home businesses, something that comes with the military lifestyle, you need a career that's portable. Anyway. When I told them about my  hopefully upcoming Strikes for Stroke event every single one of them agreed to donate something for the silent auction! Without hesitation! Isn't that great? It makes me sooo very happy to know how much they care about Isaiah! It's so amazing to have friends that are there for you when you need them, without ifs or buts! And I have those kind of friends. Here in Minot and all over the world! When we learned about Isaiah's stroke Chelsey, a close friend of ours immediately offered to come. Her husband's doing a one year tour in Korea so she has her hands full with her two beautiful children, yet she would've dropped everything and came to support us! We had so many people pray for him, offering their help anyway they could and expressing their love and concern, it's too many to list each one but I have to say we were so grateful and still are! So screw my funk from last week! I have so many things and people to be thankful for! People that truly matter because they truly care! Geez, I totally drifted off! This post was originally supposed to be about my projects and epilepsy but somehow it turned into an ode to my friends, lol. Hey, ain't nothing wrong with that! In that respect, tell someone you love and appreciate them today! Call your friends and just say thank you! True friends should never be taken for granted!
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment