Wednesday, April 11, 2012

In love with ruffles!!!

Ok, so today's post is all about ruffles! As you have seen in a previous post http://jmniquarterman.blogspot.com/2012/03/sew-happy.html I've been going a little sew crazy lately, making dresses and stuff for Nia left and right. Well, I haven't stopped! I came across this awesome ruffled fabric and thought it would make a perfect Easter dress for Nia. I already had a hand me down outfit for Isaiah that had the colors white and turquoise in it but I had nothing for Nia to match. So I got some white ruffled fabric and a turquoise ribbon and within an hour (including several interruptions from Nia because she couldn't wait to try on the dress!) I was done! All I needed was the fabric and one of Nia's dresses to trace the bodice.

Here's all of us on Easter, I made her a bow to match the ribbon on her dress. She didn't want to take the dress off at all! Since the fabric comes in a 52 inch width (I believe) I had leftover fabric. I couldn't decide on whether I want to make a shirt, dress or skirt with it so I came up with a simple tube style dress/shirt/tunic that Nia can wear whichever way floats her boat. See:

Obviously it's a little short as a dress so she'll wear it as a tunic ;)
It only took me 10 minutes! As you can see I switched up the flow of the ruffles. That's what's so great about this fabric, not only does it already come with ruffles, you can also use it with the ruffles going either across or down! Since now I am hooked on ruffled fabric (and I totally want to make stuff for myself!) I came across this awesome website http://www.rufflefabric.com/. Not only do they have lots of colors, they also have prints! I'm planning on making myself a dress or top (or both?) with this fabric:


http://www.rufflefabric.com/product/yellow-floral-cascading-ruffle-fabric   

Isn't it just so summery! I LOVE it! And lots of their other fabrics....looks like I will soon have ruffles galore! Well, and Nia, too. Alright, now let me get back to my sewing machine!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment