Sunday, October 11, 2015

Brace yourselves! It's Pumpkin Spice Everything Season

Hey y'all!

Happy Sunday! With fall, pumpkin spice everything season has begun. And I will admit that I'm a true sucker for a PSL, pumpkin butter cake and the likes. I will also admit that it is pumpkin spice season here the whole year through. Paula Deen's Gooey Pumpkin Butter Cake has become a staple in this household to the point that we have converted my sweet potato loving husband and he requests it instead of a birthday cake!

Well, while on the ever so addicting Pinterest the other day, I came across this: Pumpkin Cheesecake Banana Bread

Two of my favorite things combined in banana bread, say what! Now I make a pretty darn amazing banana bread, my friend's husband will confirm that but even I had never thought of adding pumpkin to it. I'm not a huge fan of bananas, but I will eat up some warm, moist banana bread with my morning coffee, or afternoon coffee, well, with my coffee. I felt very Betty Crocker-ish yesterday and wanted a dessert to go with the potato soup and potato soup I made. Just so you can get a picture of this bowl of comfort, here it is:


 

This Pumpkin Cheesecake Banana Bread sounded perfect and so I whipped up a loaf. It's super easy and makes a delicious dense, moist slice of heaven. You might hear angels sing. At least according to my son, who ate it instead of dinner and had some for dessert. Personally, I will leave out the bananas next time and add more pumpkin puree, but like I said I'm not a huge fan of bananas. It was still very delicious! Especially with this cheesecake center!

Look at this perfect cheesecake filling!!!!



I know, I know, just beautiful, isn't it? What are you waiting for! Go get your Betty Crocker on and indulge in this pumpkin cheesecake goodness!

Have a blessed day! Love,

Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment