Saturday, January 26, 2013

January ipsy glambag review

Well hello my loves!

As y'all know, most of the things I do are about the kids and for the kids. When I talked to one of my lovely friends in October last year, she mentioned the ipsy glambag. It is a collectible beauty bag filled with 4-5 beauty products, many of which come in full size!!! You can subscribe to it monthly for only $10 with free shipping. I received my first bag in December but forgot to do a review on it (shame on me!!!). LOVED EVERY SINGLE ITEM!!!!!

This month's glambag looked like this:






- Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter
- Nailtini nail polish in Bloody Mary
- Big Sexy Hair spray & play hair spray
- Josie Maran Argan oil
- SOHO concealer brush

The Pacifica body butter smells so fresh and summery (awesome distraction from these cold temps we've been having! Can you say -50 degrees?!) and it leaves my skin nice and soft. Being in ND I need something that moisturizes my skin VERY well. It's insane how dry it gets during the winter! And this body butter certainly does it! Go check out their products! Their made of natural ingredients without parabens, sulfates, animal testing, etc. I so want to try their coconut water cleansing wipes (amongst other things!!).

While I may not like to drink Bloody Marys I certainly LOVE it on my nails!!!! Not only is the color stunning, I technically would have only needed one coat, that's how great this Nailtini nail lacquer is and it dried super fast! Isaiah seems to be fascinated with my toes right now, especially when painted and I was worried he'd mess it all up when he touched them not quite so gently - and with that I mean he scratched them - shortly after I applied the first coat. But it was already completely dry! That's what I'm talking about! I usually do my nails during nap time thinking it'll give them enough time to dry. Uhm, nope! It's like he knows I'm painting my nails and just waits for the moment when they're all painted to wake up! Here's whats even awesomer (yeah, I made that up!): You can mix your own cocktail aka nail lacquer! How fun! And not just nail lacquers, lip gloss and eye shadows too!!!! Oh my word! Go here to find out how: tini bar

Big? Sexy? You can say that again! Big Sexy Hair spray & play hair spray does what it promises! It gives great hold without making my hair too stiff. I like it when my hair has hold but is still flexible. I mean, who wants to look like they're wearing a hair helmet? I love that it's sulfate free. It's also gluten free for those that are allergic to gluten. I can only imagine how big and sexy my hair would be if I used the shampoo and conditioner in combination with the mousse, gel or spray!!!

The Josie Maran 100% Argan oil is one of the most versatile products I've ever tried! The glambag came with the to-go size ($14 value so you see you get more than your money's worth!) Here's the argan oil society's list of some of the benefits of argan oil: benefits of argan oil
I didn't know I could use it in food too!!! Anyway. Here's why I was excited about it: Isaiah, as you know, has atopic dermatitis so while his skin needs moisture I can't use most of the products out there. Argan oil not only moisturizes the skin it also helps skin heal! One of the benefits for me is that it balances sebum production to help fight acne while still moisturizing the skin. For some reason my body has decided to act like it's 13 and so I've been having mild acne lately (funny thing is, only my skin acts like it's 13, smh). My doctor prescribed me retinae cream which dries out my skin, however I can apply argan oil and it keeps my skin from drying out and doesn't clog my pores! LOVE! I can already tell a difference and I've been using it for almost 10 days now. I'm seriously thinking about getting the concealer, also with argan oil!

The SOHO concealer brush is a skinny flat-edged brush so it works really well on that sensitive skin under the eyes, but also in the creases of your nose and to blend concealer into your skin when trying to cover up blemishes. I have a bigger one that I use for bigger areas but this one is perfect for when my skin has cleared up some more. SOHO makes a variety of brushes, make up bags, make up cases and beauty organizers. What's great is you can get them at Walmart, Target, Walgreens, CVS and HARMON so even I can get them at a store and don't have to wait til my order comes in :)

So, that's it for my glambag review. As you can see this subscription is a steal at $10/month! And every bag comes with coupons you can use for the featured companies! If you want to join ipsy and get in on the glambag love, you can go HERE to sign up!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment