Saturday, November 17, 2012

He's walking!!!

Hey y'all!!!


I'm so excited to announce Isaiah is walking!!!! It's been almost 2 weeks now but I wanted to wait til he is mainly walking rather than mainly crawling and walking every now and again...
Sooo, of course I recorded this historic event....

Isaiah walking

I just love how he kept getting back up, no matter how often he fell down. This one is cute too. He walked to me and his sissy, with Nia encouraging him the entire time. Needless to say, I was crying and laughing at the same time. Both at his effort and Nia's support.

Isaiah walking to me and sissy!

We will start him back on PT though. Now that he can use two fingers of his left (good) hand to pick up things we will work with him on doing those things with his affected hand. I'm picky like that, well, truly, I believe that he can do it if we work with him and I would hate for him to miss out on it just because we're satisfied with his development. Don't get me wrong, we're excited about how far he's come but my hope is for him to have full control of his affected side. Whether or not that will be the case we will see but we will continue to work on it. It is already barely noticeable - unless you're me of course, lol - but there are still things he struggles with. I can see that it frustrates him sometimes and that's not fun to watch as a mom. Especially when your child is so little and you can't explain it to them. So PT it will be!

On another note, you all are my witnesses that he likes to sweep! I'm planning on using this video against him if he ever decides not to do his chores when he's older...awesome plan, don't you think? Anyway. That's our news for this time....well, and the fact that we didn't get orders - again. It's ok. Everything happens for a reason and I believe God's work with me here is not done yet. Plus, I have met and bonded with some great ladies these past weeks and months and it would make me sad to leave them. I will be welcoming one of my CLA (Children's Learning Academy) girls soon too, obviously that's another reason why I can't leave. So we'll be here a bit longer. Alright, I'm coming up with a cold so to beat it I'm going to bed early tonight! Thanks for following!!

Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment